Take Charge America (TCA) is a national nonprofit agency offering financial education and counseling services including credit counseling, debt management, student loan counseling, housing counseling and bankruptcy counseling.
For nearly 30 years, TCA has been committed to helping people around the country improve their financial futures. We work with individuals and families facing a variety of financial challenges to help them achieve self-reliance, financial stability and financial independence.
TCA is looking for a highly motivated Support Specialist to join our team!
If you are a quick learner, adapt well to change, are focused, dedicated and want to help others, we strongly encourage you to apply!
- Makes outbound calls on Web Applications submitted, gathers client information and transfers calls to counselors to complete assessments (New Accounts)
- Takes overflow calls and messages (New Accounts)
- Reviews pending and past-due accounts for follow-up (New Accounts)
- Assists inbound callers with general questions about their situation (New Accounts)
- Assist with EFT changes (Open Accounts)
- Calling creditors and auto lines to obtain balance updates, including payoffs (Open Accounts)
- Contact clients for delinquent payments (Open Accounts)
- Has a thorough understanding of creditor policies (New/Open Accounts)
- Maintains client records by updating account information in various TCA systems
- Completes COA PQI case record reviews, provides input on determining PQI data, receives and reviews PQI data and provides feedback, and participates in the Employee Satisfaction, Benefits and Services Survey.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Contact Center experience preferred
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Able to establish a rapport with clients and demonstrate patience
- Able to collect client information, analyze client needs and problem-solve
- Able to handle stress and/or pressure while interacting with coworkers and clients
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Word strongly preferred
- Comprehension of company policies and procedures
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs