Become a Financial Friend volunteer
As a volunteer, you will engage in one-on-one financial conversations with interested seniors. You will help seniors deal with issues or problems impacting their finances, provide them with useful information for their particular situation, and develop strategies to improve their financial condition.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are interested in making a positive impact in the lives of seniors
- Have a good understanding of basic money management
- Can make a commitment of about five hours per month
- Are not currently employed in insurance, financial services, real estate or any other business that could represent a conflict of interest
You will receive extensive training at no cost to you and will not be asked to sell anything or provide any service, except for information.
If you are interested in becoming a Senior Financial Friend, contact Take Charge America at 623-266-6148 or send your name and contact information to PWalter@takechargeamerica.org.
Who We Are
Senior Financial Friends is a volunteer program supported and managed by Take Charge America, a nonprofit 501c3 organization whose mission is to provide financial education and services to improve the lives of individuals and families.
Who We Are Not
We are not engaged in selling securities, insurance, real estate or any other financial product or service. We are not benefiting financially in any way from this service and accept no compensation from our clients or from agencies we might suggest to our clients.
How it Works
- Call 623-266-6148 to schedule your initial phone conversation
- Senior Financial Friends will arrange a one-on-one meeting with a volunteer to conduct a financial review and create a plan of action
- Periodic check-in sessions will be scheduled to offer encouragement and answer any additional questions
Upcoming Free Seminars
Check back soon for future seminars!