Take Charge America (TCA) is a national nonprofit agency offering financial education and counseling services including credit counseling, debt management, student loan counseling, housing counseling and bankruptcy counseling.
For nearly 30 years, TCA has been committed to helping people around the country improve their financial futures. We work with individuals and families facing a variety of financial challenges to help them achieve self-reliance, financial stability and financial independence.
TCA is looking for a highly motivated Student Loan Counselor to join our team!
If you are a quick learner, adapt well to change, are focused, dedicated and want to help others, we strongly encourage you to apply!
- Provides genuine and meaningful value proposition to transition referrals into counseling sessions
- Instructs borrow how to obtain their FSA ID and NSLDS file (federal student loan data file)
- Determines borrower’s goal
- Provides recommendations applicable to client’s goal and NSLDS file (to include possible consolidation, repayment programs, deferment, forbearance, forgiveness and / or discharge)
- Assists borrower in completing enrollment forms online
- Conducts conference calls with client and servicers
- Creates action plans detailing recommendations and next steps
- Makes outbound calls for but not limited to:
- Potential Clients
- Missing Documentation
- Client Inquiries
- Soft Collection Attempts for Outstanding Payments
- Maintains client records by accurately and completely updating account information
- Stays abreast of the ever changing student loan landscape
- Completes COA PQI case record reviews, provides input on determining PQI data, receives and reviews PQI data and provides feedback, and participates in the Employee Satisfaction, Benefits and Services Survey
- Assists clients in completing all necessary enrollment forms.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some college preferred
- Enrollment Counselor or Academic Counselor strongly preferred
- Financial aid office experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years customer service, sales and/or call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of Enterprise CRM, SharePoint, Vanco Payment System is helpful