Financial Services – Customer Support
Consumers contact Take Charge America for help with a variety of financial challenges, including credit card debt that has become hard to manage. We offer a credit counseling process that includes a complete financial review and personalized budget, along with recommended solutions to help clients resolve their debt, achieve financial freedom and start saving for the future.
Credit Counselors talk with clients about their current financial situation, challenges and hardships to help them understand the available options. As a Credit Counselor, you will build trust with clients by listening carefully and responding with kindness and compassion. Clients should come away from talking with you feeling relieved and hopeful they have found a solution to their financial challenges.
You will walk clients through a complete review of their current income, expenses and debts and use that information to create a budget using our proprietary software. The information clients provide will also determine the solutions you recommend, which may include a Debt Management Plan. Take Charge America manages these plans that allow consumers to pay off credit debt more quickly than doing it on their own.
We offer a comprehensive training program to help you become familiar with all aspects of personal finance and debt, as well as the education and services we offer. By the time you begin taking calls, you’ll feel confident and well-prepared to help clients find solutions that change their lives.
What makes you a Credit Counselor:
- 1-2 years in phone-based/customer service role; experience in the financial service industry a plus
- You are available to work any schedule between 5am-7pm, M-F; must be flexible, dependable, committed, and open to change
- You know how to get people talking and listen patiently to their responses
- You are empathetic and non-judgmental; you like to make people feel better
- You love to learn new things and are excited by the opportunity to grow
- You enjoy contributing to a supportive team environment
- Bilingual a plus