Take Charge America (TCA) is a nonprofit agency offering financial education & and counseling services including credit counseling, debt management, student loan counseling, housing counseling and bankruptcy counseling.
For nearly 30 years, TCA has been committed to helping people around the country improve their financial futures. We work with individuals and families facing a variety of financial challenges to help them achieve self-reliance, financial stability and financial independence.
TCA is looking for a highly motivated Financial Counselor to join our team!
Do you enjoy helping others? Can you connect with people quickly? Do you have great communication skills? Take Charge America has the position for you!
- Provides an in-depth budget analysis, credit counseling and initial debt management guidance to clients
- Provides recommendations and options based on findings in budget analysis and offer educational information and guidance in several areas of budgeting and debt management
- Reviews creditor referrals, pending and past-due accounts
- Assists clients with general questions about their situation through inbound calls or face-to-face interactions
- Conducts conversations on-line (CHAT) with new or existing clients
- Initiates outbound courtesy follow-up calls to clients to offer or obtain needed information and check status of client needs
- Maintains client records by updating account information in various TCA systems
- Responsible for knowing and complying with applicable Quality Management System (QMS) and process requirements as they apply to the Counselor’s area of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must obtain AFCPE certification, within 1 year of employment
- Able to establish a rapport with clients and demonstrate patience
- Able to collect client information, analyze client needs and problem-solve
- Able to handle stress and/or pressure while interacting with coworkers and clients
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Word strongly preferred
- Comprehension of company policies and procedures
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Have at least 12 months of service in a Contact Center preferred
- Bilingual a plus