Take Charge America (TCA) is a national nonprofit agency offering financial education and counseling services including credit counseling, debt management, student loan counseling, housing counseling and bankruptcy counseling.
For nearly 30 years, TCA has been committed to helping people around the country improve their financial futures. We work with individuals and families facing a variety of financial challenges to help them achieve self-reliance, financial stability and financial independence.
TCA is looking for a highly motivated New Accounts Counselor to join our team!
If you are a quick learner, adapt well to change, are focused, dedicated and want to help others, we strongly encourage you to apply!
- Provides an in-depth budget analysis, credit counseling and initial debt management guidance to clients
- Provides recommendations and options based on findings in the budget analysis and offers educational information, resources and guidance in the areas of budgeting, credit management and debt management
- Reviews pending and past-due accounts for follow-up
- Assists clients with general questions about their situation through inbound calls, online Chats or face-to-face interactions
- Initiates outbound courtesy follow-up calls to clients to offer or obtain needed information and check status of client needs
- Maintains client records by updating account information in various TCA systems
- Responsible for knowing and complying with applicable Quality Management System (QMS) and process requirements as they apply to the Counselor’s area of responsibility
- Completes COA PQI case record reviews, provides input on determining PQI data, receives and reviews PQI data and provides feedback, and participates in the Employee Satisfaction, Benefits and Services Survey.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Position requires the ability to speak and hear 100% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management
- Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance
- Regular Hours: Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet our business needs
- Overtime: Must be available and willing to work such overtime per week as we determine is necessary or desirable to meet our business needs
- Weekend and Holiday: Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet our business needs
- On-site Requirement: Must perform duties onsite, except those job duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (such as meetings, deliveries to designated destinations, or training)
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must obtain NFCC certification, within 1 year of employment
- Able to establish a rapport with clients and demonstrate patience
- Able to collect client information, analyze client needs and problem-solve
- Able to handle stress and/or pressure while interacting with coworkers and clients
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Word strongly preferred
- Comprehension of company policies and procedures
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs
- Have at least 12 months of service in a Contact Center preferred