Take Charge America (TCA) is a national nonprofit agency offering financial education and counseling services including credit counseling, debt management, student loan counseling, housing counseling and bankruptcy counseling.
For nearly 30 years, TCA has been committed to helping people around the country improve their financial futures. We work with individuals and families facing a variety of financial challenges to help them achieve self-reliance, financial stability and financial independence.
TCA is looking for a highly motivated Front End Web Developer to join our team!
If you’re a strategic thinker, creative problem-solver and take pride in producing quality work in a fast-paced environment, we strongly encourage you to apply!
- Develops website code and layouts according to Company guidelines.
- Reviews requirements to understand audience, usability and design requirements.
- Converts design comprehensive layouts into complex working web pages using HTML and CSS in a hand-coded environment.
- Participates in project planning and website design with technical, business and project leaders, planning and discussing the specifics of projects, new technologies and deadlines.
- Updates existing website content, creates new layouts, landing pages that follow existing web standards; makes some modifications to existing developed code.
- Develops interfaces that are usable, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing.
- Conduct usability testing to identify and fix UI issues, and gather real-world intelligence from target users.
- Use social network APIs (from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) to integrate social actions.
- Use responsive web design to create applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices.
- Performs UX research for both validating a design as well as understanding new initiatives.
- Produces user flows, wireframes, prototypes, UI specifications and final design deliverables.
- Ensures user requirements align with business requirements.
- Documents design standards for UI/UX.
- Ensures graphic design is consistent with Company branding guidelines.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are met.
- Creates sprite maps, icons, buttons, and CSS themes.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors and customers by answering questions related to UI/UX development.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3+ years of professional experience in front-end web development is required.
- In-depth understanding of online marketing and social networking channels
- Proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash is required.
- Hands-on experience using web content publication and management tools such as WordPress is required.
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and tactics preferred.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics preferred.
- SEO experience (on-page SEO) with web development page/information architecture, structure, meta data required.
- Demonstrated disciplined project management skills.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and non-public information.
- Strong technical skills with attention to detail and quality.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures with web marketing and content administration.
- Knowledge of multi-media software preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute creative ideas.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical language is essential.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Outlook, Word, Internet Explorer, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated people and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to follow directives and standards, use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated.
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs required.