Training & Education
You need a credit counselor you can trust – one that's ethical, compassionate to your situation and highly knowledgeable. At Take Charge America, we provide extensive training and education to ensure our credit counselors can offer you the highest quality service available.
Credit counselor certification and education requirements include:
- Certification as an Accredited Credit Counselor through The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE), a non-profit organization dedicated to training and certifying financial counselors and educators
- Credit report training and examination, as established through the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Intensive 8-week training program at Take Charge America focusing on personal finance education, ethical practices and creditor policies and customer service skills
- On-going training throughout employment to enhance personal finance and counseling skills
All credit counselors certified by the AFCPE must demonstrate their ability to:
- Educate clients on how to manage their money effectively
- Help clients overcome debt challenges and change poor financial habits
- Help clients develop successful strategies to achieve their financial goals
- Support clients on an on-going basis as they work through financial challenges and opportunities
- Help clients develop a new perspective on financial management as it relates to family, friends and individual self-esteem
Learn more about credit counseling services and debt management solutions at Take Charge America.