Take Charge America?
Searching for solutions to your financial challenges may seem overwhelming. There are lots of options, but few combine the compassion, expertise and support you’ll find at Take Charge America. We value your trust and make every effort to uphold the highest level of customer service. Learn more about the principles, people and educational resources that set us apart from other credit counseling agencies.
25 Years Of Experience
For 25 years, we have assisted people just like you pay off debts and reach financial goals. And as a non-profit, our primary concern is helping you achieve financial independence. We are committed to supporting individuals and families change their lives for the better. Every day we aid people overcome financial barriers and teach them how to effectively manage their personal finances. Visit our About Us page to learn more about Take Charge America.
Highly Trained Certified Credit Counselors
At Take Charge America, we provide extensive training and education to ensure our credit counselors can offer you the highest quality service available. Our credit counselors receive certification from The Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education, where they are trained on personal finance education, ethical practices, creditor policies and customer service skills. Our counselors are compassionate and committed to helping you overcome debt challenges.
Free Financial Education & Budgeting Tools
As a non-profit organization our mission is to provide sound financial education. You will receive access to exclusive financial tools and educational resources at no charge. In addition, credit counseling and debt management clients can take advantage of enhanced educational resources such as advanced budgeting software and e-learning courses.
Accreditations & Recognition
Take Charge America has been recognized for our commitment to ethical business practices.
- We have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We are the only credit counseling agency to have received the BBB Ethics Award recognizing ethical business practices and integrity.
- We are certified by the International Standards Organization (ISO) for quality management.
- We are registered in all 50 states and licensed to do business in all states where clients are solicited.
- US-Trustee-approved to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code*.
*Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an agency's services.
- We partner with a variety of community groups, governmental organizations and educational institutions in order to reach those experiencing financial challenges.
- Our employees actively volunteer and support charitable organizations throughout our community.
- We are an IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provider, assisting low and moderate-income consumers with tax preparation.